A Sinktastic Tale

Monday, April 12, 2010

Commuters Quandary

So, I just had my everyday Beijing taxi ride to work, which was the normal 35 minutes listening to awful Chinese talk radio in a smelly car where a man has clearly slept all night whilst smoking 4 packs of cigs and drinking a bucket of coffee. But this morning a ray of light zapped through the radio waves as we exited the Badaling Expressway. SOMEHOW, unknown to me, a miracle happened. Journey came on the radio - Don't Stop Believin'. I gasped with delight. And then..... after I was just getting into it... the man TURNS it back to talk radio. Can you believe the nerve?! I gave him a tense lecture on the merits of enjoying Steve Perry on the way to work. He should be so lucky as to have such a great song on his radio this early in the morning.

I don't think he got it, but I felt better about letting him know my stance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home